Friday, May 5, 2017

God Made Me to Trust Him

by Desi Ash

Trust does not come easily for me. By that I mean the deep, tell you my inner thoughts and secrets type of trust. Very few people have achieved that level of trust. So when I became a Christian, the whole trusting God part of my faith was a huge challenge. Towards the end of high school I took a leap of faith, the second biggest leap up to this point in my life (the first was being baptized even though I didn’t have the support of my family). I was going to trust God with my future; from college to career, to family, to finances, I was going to trust wherever God took me.

Trusting God with my future meant I was willing to give up my dream of being a musician, it’s meant being stuck in the Midwest, it’s meant being put through some tough and trying situations, but most importantly it means that I still trust Him.
It is easy to say we trust God. Living out our trust though is a hard thing. Do you trust God when

  • ·        Money is tight and the bills keep coming
  • ·        You have a habit you need to change, but the future is unknown
  • ·        Your family member is sick and you don’t get why
  • ·        You son or daughter is having problems fitting in


The Gospel of John is known for the recording of Jesus’ miracles. One of those miracles is of the man born blind in John 9.

The Message translation of this recording reads:

 1-2 Walking down the street, Jesus saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked, “Rabbi, who sinned: this man or his parents, causing him to be born blind?”

 3-5 Jesus said, “You’re asking the wrong question. You’re looking for someone to blame. There is no such cause-effect here. Look instead for what God can do. We need to be energetically at work for the One who sent me here, working while the sun shines. When night falls, the workday is over. For as long as I am in the world, there is plenty of light. I am the world’s Light.”

 6-7 He said this and then spit in the dust, made a clay paste with the saliva, rubbed the paste on the blind man’s eyes, and said, “Go, wash at the Pool of Siloam” (Siloam means “Sent”). The man went and washed—and saw.

This blind man shows quite the bit of trust. I’m sure he has heard of Jesus and the miracles Jesus was doing, but being blind he didn’t KNOW Jesus was the one applying mud to his eyes. The blind man didn’t question Jesus or what Jesus did. He simply did what Jesus told him to do. Even when questioned and doubted by others, this man stood his ground for what Jesus did.

In a way we are like the blind man. We cannot see Jesus face to face. We have to trust when He is at work in our lives and trust that He will take care of us. This man’s life was up-heaved because of something he didn’t choose, Jesus chose him. There are many situations that come along that we don’t want and wouldn’t wish upon our enemies. Remember that God chose you.

God didn’t promise that our lives would be easy, God promised that He would be the same yesterday, today, and forever. And time and time again God shows that all we need to do is trust Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment