Wednesday, June 8, 2016

How to Have an Amazing Summer! - EXPLORE

by Desi Ash

There is something special and unique about getting out in the great outdoors, experiencing all of God’s creation.  As a child, before I knew anything about God, I loved nature. I climbed trees, explored the woods behind our house, studied tornados, and even dreamed of becoming a storm chaser. When I discovered that everything that is in nature is part of God’s masterpiece, my love for it grew even more. When I got my license I would drive to different parks to hike trails, I would drive just to drive, to see what I could find, and one night I even drove out into the country to find a dark enough spot to watch a meteor shower (which I chose to do laying in a sleeping bag on the side of the road!).

When was the last time you stopped and explored God’s masterpiece? How long has it been since you last took the back roads home or stopped to read what that historical marker sign had to say?

Has it been awhile? No worries, this summer is the perfect time to get back outdoors.  One way to have an amazing summer is to pause and go exploring. Exploring doesn’t need to be elaborate; it could simply be traveling to Indy using all back roads if you usually take the highway.

God spent six days creating a world full for us to explore and enjoy. Don’t spend your summer behind your desk or on the couch. Get up and get dirty. Let God speak to you through creation.

Need some ideas:

·        Go geocaching (google it!)

·        Take a trip: before you leave flip a penny to decide which way to turn when you get to a stop light/sign. Heads for right, Tails for left.

·        Walk downtown Pendleton. Stop in at a store you haven’t ever been to or one you haven’t been to in a while.

·        Spend an afternoon at Mounds State Park (there is a fee for parking)

 The rhythm of life changes over the summer and it may seem like the hours drag on. So the next time you hear the phrase “I’m bored”, go exploring and take in the vastness of God’s masterpiece.

Enjoy the summer and make it AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment